Attention seniors and caregivers: Cook County Recorder of Deeds Karen A. Yarbrough is partnering with Judge Patricia Banks and the Elder Justice Center of the Circuit Court of Cook County as part of their Free Senior Enrichment Seminar Series, to discuss property and real estate fraud.
The Seminar will be held on Tuesday, July 8 at 11:30, in Courtroom 2005 at the Daley Center, 50 W. Washington, Chicago.
At this free seminar, you will learn from Recorder Yarbrough
- the most common real estate and property theft scams
- why every property owner is vulnerable
- how to delegitimize clearly fraudulent recordings at no cost to you
- how to spot deed and document resellers looking to rip you off
- and most importantly, how you can protect yourself and your family from property fraud
CCRD staff will be on hand to explain our FREE Property Fraud Alert program, which notifies you by phone or email when any document affecting your property is recorded, and can sign you up right on the spot. (Please bring your ID to access the government building and to sign up for the Fraud Alert).
Additionally, Assistant State’s Attorney Diedre Dyer will be on hand to explain real estate scams and how her office can help
Please see the informational flier below. Light refreshments will be provided. We hope any senior (or senior caregiver) concerned about protecting their most valuable asset will attend.