Recorder Yarbrough announced on Monday that she has been selected as a model for the YWCA’s “New Look of Leadership” fashion show, an event designed to raise awareness and funding for the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
A news release with more information can be found below.
“About YWCA Metropolitan Chicago: For more than 138 years, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago has been committed to serving the needs of women and girls. The YWCA’s mission to eliminate racism and empower women is actualized through a large breadth of programs and services serving over 150,000 women, children and families annually. Regardless of race or economic status, the YWCA provides women with access to the support, tools and opportunities they need to transform their lives and make valuable contributions to their communities. The YWCA’s core programmatic areas include Personal Safety and Wellness, Education and Training and Economic Sustainability. For more information about how you can support the YWCA, visit http://www.ywcachicago.org. You can also find us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ywcachicago) or Twitter (@YWCAChicago).”
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Highlights Diversity in Leadership
with its 3rd Annual “New Look of Leadership” Fashion Event on September 30
Chicago – YWCA Metropolitan Chicago’s Ambassadors Council will host its 3rd annual New Look of Leadership fashion event on Tuesday, September 30, at Macy’s on State Street in the Narcissus Room from 5:30p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The New Look of Leadership event features a fashion show with fall styles from Macy’s. More than 350 of Chicago’s best and brightest will gather to raise awareness for the YWCA and its mission of eliminating racism and empowering women. General admission tickets are $50 and VIP admission tickets with reserved seating are $100 with proceeds to benefit the YWCA’s programs and services. Tickets are available for purchase on the YWCA’s website at www.ywcachicago.org.
The New Look of Leadership fashion event showcases our business, civic and community leaders who demonstrate the strength, diversity and style that is positively impacting Chicagoland’s workplaces. The purpose of the event is to provide individuals of all ages, sizes and backgrounds with tools to present themselves as leaders in today’s work environment.
This event – hosted by the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago Ambassadors Council and emceed by Chicago Humanities Festivals’ Alison Cuddy – highlights 20 exceptional leaders who share the YWCA’s values and believe in the empowerment of women. Models include:
- Karyn Calabrese, Raw Foodist and Restaurateur, Karyn’s Restaurant
- Melissa Clark, CPS Teacher and Singer
- Evelyn Diaz, Commissioner, City of Chicago of the Department of Family and Support Services
- Maria Guerra Lapacek, Commissioner, City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection
- Kathleen Henson, Founder and CEO, Henson Consulting
- Amy Hilliard, President, Fashion Fair
- Shilpa Hingwe, Vice President, Relationship Manager, Associated Bank
- Candace Jordan, Candid Candace
- Hervé Lavenant, Director of Flight Operations and Crew Resources Operations, United Airlines
- Olivia Luk, Partner, Niro, Haller & Niro
- Rob McGhee, Vice President, Community Development Manager, Citi
- Nina Nashif, Founder & CEO, Healthbox
- Steve Pemberton, Divisional Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer, Walgreen’s
- Whitney Reynolds, Host and Executive Producer,The Whitney Reynolds Show, PBS WYCC
- Dee Robinson, President & Founder, Robinson Hill Group
- Andrea Schwartz, Vice President of Community Relations and Cause Marketing, Macy’s
- Laura Schwartz, Author, Speaker & National Television Commentator, Laura Schwartz Live
- Ji Suk Yi, Windy City Live Contributor, ABC-7
- Sherry Tan, Client Development Manager, Accretive Solutions
- Karen Yarbrough, Cook County Recorder of Deeds
Excellent leadership in diversity and inclusion goes beyond the expected by infusing Chicago’s professional scene with new workplace standards,” says Charles Smith, the ambassador council chair. “We believe the best way to show off all of these exceptional models of leadership and their success story is on the runway.”
For more information about the event, please contact Valerie Reynolds at 312-762-2762 or Valerie.Reynolds@ywcachicago.org.
# # #