IMPORTANT INFO – READ FIRST!
The Free Property Fraud Alert will help you protect your most valuable asset by providing a phone call or email when any document affecting your property is filed in our office. Make sure you add FraudAlert@mail.ccrecorder.org to your email’s safe senders or whitelist.
- Check your property’s Chain-of-Title to ensure there are not fraudulent documents already there
- PIN validity is important. If you enter wrong PIN, you will not receive an Alert.
- After you type your PIN, your street address will display to ensure accuracy.
- If you register a condo, make sure last 4 digits of PIN are entered.
- For email alerts, look for Registration Confirmation in Junk Folder.
- The Fraud Alert is a notice of recordation, not a freeze on title.
- If you don’t know your PIN, click here to retrieve it.